Oil Burner Service, Tuneup & Repair Long Island
Same-day appointments available for emergency burner service
Does your heating unit need a tune-up? Did you know that your heating system needs yearly tune-ups to work efficiently? A tuned heating system is not only more efficient but it can also save you up to 10% on your heating bill. Need boiler parts to fix your existing boiler? Or thinking about replacing your old boiler with a new one? We do it all – no job is too big or small!
Our Full Service Burner Tuneup includes:
- Adjust burner and controls
- Vacuum smoke pipe and heating unit
- Oil motors if necessary
- Replace your nozzle, filter and strainer
- Clean flue passages
- Visually inspect all wiring
- Check all electronic controls
- Test for safe operation
Your heating system needs regular maintenance in order to operate efficiently. Oil burners are complex machines that need yearly tune-ups to ensure they’re functioning properly. The best time to get your burner serviced is before the cold season starts. Without regular tune-ups for your oil burner you may face considerably higher costs related to repairs and breakdown. Keep in mind that a burner service is much cheaper than a repair and we strongly advise all our customers to ensure their burners are serviced annually.
A burner tune-up will not only improve the efficiency of your burner but it will actually save you money because the more efficient your burner is the less oil it will burn.
The Importance of Oil Burner Service
In addition to the obvious advantages like minimizing the chance of malfunctions and breakdowns, a burner service also offer these benefits:
Regular tune-ups can improve your burner efficiency as much as 10% meaning you’ll save on heating oil and heating costs. You’ll also lower your risk of needing repairs.
An annual burner service ensures that your heating system is safe and your oil burner would be far less likely to cause any unwanted damage.
As mentioned above you’ll be able to save up to 10% on heating oil which is not only good for the environment but also great for your wallet, too!
Emergency oil burner service appointments available!
To learn more about how oil-fired furnces and boilers operate please visit the Energy.gov website
Our Long Island boiler repair service include:
- Boiler Tune-ups
- Residential Boiler Installation & Removal
- Commercial Boiler Installation & Removal
- Used Boiler Sections & Parts
- Boiler Repair
- Heating Repair/Maintenance
Call us today to schedule your oil burner service or boiler repair appointment!
Oil burner service is necessary every year to prevent issues with your heating system. Domino saves the hassle of costly burner repairs by offering an affordable and professionally done burner service including installation, maintenance and repair, tune-ups and clean-outs.
Oil Burner Tune-Up
Scheduling a burner tune-up is one of the smartest decisions a homeowner can make – a tuned-up burner is not only safe and efficient but it also restores it to the optimal operating capacity. Our service technician will inspect your burner first, and replace any worn, damaged or faulty parts. Your burner performance will also be optimized by adjusting air intake, electrodes and oil burner flame.
Oil Burner Clean-Out
A burner should be cleaned out every year. While performing a burner clean-out our service technician may replace several parts such as the nozzle, oil filter and the oil pump strainer. In addition, he will also vacuum and clean other parts of your system, and also clean out the lines which will improve your burner’s performance.
Oil Burner Installation
Purchasing and installing a new oil burner can be costly and complex – fortunately our technicians are extensively trained and capable of working with any brand burner you may choose to install in your home or business.
Oil Burner Repair in Suffolk and Nassau Counties – Emergency service available
Burners tend to go out at the worst possible time, usually when it’s the coldest. Our service technicians can diagnose your burner problem fast and repair it accordingly. Our trucks are stocked with a wide variety of burner parts so chances are we can fix your burner issue on the spot right away.
Our services: oil burner service long island, boiler repair, furnace repair, emergency burner service, oil burner repair, 24 hour burner service Long Island
Oil Burner Service: Essential Maintenance Tips for Efficiency
Oil Burner Service is essential to maintaining efficiency and safety in heating systems. It involves routine checks and maintenance of various components to ensure optimal performance.
Components of Oil Burners
Oil burners consist of several key components that work together to provide heat. Regular service is vital to keep these components functioning correctly.
- Combustion Chamber: The combustion chamber houses the burning of fuel and needs to be inspected for integrity and cleanliness.
- Heat Exchanger: This part transfers heat to the home’s air or water. It must be free of cracks and soot buildup.
- Nozzle: The nozzle atomizes the oil for efficient combustion. It can become clogged and requires regular replacement.
- Electrodes: These are responsible for igniting the oil and should be properly aligned and free from wear.
- Oil Pump Filter Screen: It filters out debris before the oil reaches the nozzle. Regular cleaning is necessary to prevent blockages.
- Oil Filter: Situated near the tank, this component also filters out debris from the oil. Replacement should occur annually or as needed.
- Cad Cell: This safety device detects the presence of a flame. If the cad cell is faulty, it can shut down the system.
Maintaining these components through regular service is crucial to ensure an oil burner’s longevity, safety, and energy efficiency.
Oil Burner Routine Maintenance and Repair
Routine maintenance and repair are critical to ensure the efficient operation of an oil burner. Regular upkeep reduces the risk of malfunctions and extends the lifespan of the equipment.
It is advisable for a professional technician to conduct annual maintenance service on an oil burner. During this service, a technician typically inspects the flue pipe for obstructions, checks the integrity of oil lines, and assesses the blower motor operation. Cleaning of the burner, adjustment of draft, and checking for leaks are also standard procedures to ensure optimal performance and safety.
DIY Maintenance Tips
- Cleanliness: Keep the area around the oil burner clean and free from debris to prevent airflow blockage.
- Visual Inspections: Regularly inspect the equipment for any signs of oil leaks or soot buildup.
- Filter Replacement: Replace the oil filter yearly to maintain good fuel quality and prevent clogs.
- Air Flow: Check the air intakes and vents to make sure they are not obstructed, as proper draft is essential for efficient functioning.
Common Issues and Troubleshooting
- Leaks: If oil leaks are detected, they should be addressed immediately to prevent hazardous situations. Tighten fittings or replace damaged parts as required.
- Soot Accumulation: Excessive soot can indicate incomplete combustion. Adjust the burner or consult with a technician for a more thorough inspection.
- Strange Noises: Noises such as banging or whining can signify a problem with the blower motor or other components.
- Ignition Failure: If the burner fails to ignite, check for a tripped reset button, clogged nozzle, or a malfunctioning ignition transformer.
Regular attention to these maintenance and repair aspects will help in ensuring the oil burner operates smoothly and efficiently.
What does oil burner tuneup include?
Oil burner technicians perform a variety of checks and maintenance during a tuneup. They will start by inspecting the oil tank, lines, filters, and pumps for any leaks, clogs, wear, or issues. They will replace your filter, nozzle and strainer. They test the efficiency of the burner by taking measurements and making necessary adjustments so it is providing proper combustion and airflow. Technicians brush and vacuum the entire burner assembly to remove soot and debris buildup; check electrode settings and replace cracked porcelain insulators if necessary. Oil burners have many moving parts, so technicians will lubricate motors, bearings, fans, and components using special oils. The technician will analyze flue gases to ensure clean and efficient combustion and will make any adjustments needed there. They will also check safety controls like temperature limits, relays, and spill switches to verify proper operation. At the end of the tuneup, they will fire up the burner and monitor it to ensure it runs smoothly without issues or excessive smoke. This maintenance helps improve efficiency and prevent future breakdowns.
Optimizing Oil Burner Efficiency
Maintaining an oil burner’s efficiency is critical for ensuring effective heating and extending the lifespan of the heating system. Proper care and performance assessment contribute to optimal operation during the heating season.
Upgrade and Replacement Advice
Upgrading or replacing an old oil burner can significantly improve the efficiency of a heating system. For boilers and furnaces that are beyond their typical lifespan—typically 15 to 20 years—consideration of new, high-efficiency models is prudent. Modern oil burners are designed to maximize heat output while minimizing oil consumption.
- Boiler/Furnace: A high-efficiency unit could save up to 10% on heating bills.
- Oil Tanks: Replacement of old, corroded tanks prevents oil wastage.
- Thermostat: Installing a programmable thermostat optimizes fuel usage.
Efficiency Tests and Measures
Conducting regular efficiency tests ensures that oil burners operate at peak performance.
- Efficiency Test: Should be performed annually by a certified technician.
- Visible Checks: Inspect for soot or corrosion, indicating inefficient combustion.
- Combustion Analysis: Measures CO2, O2, and smoke numbers.
- Thermal Efficiency: A calculated value assessing how well the burner uses fuel.
|Adjust if outside range
|Clean if higher
Ensuring the oil burner is clean, properly adjusted, and periodically evaluated can maintain efficiency and extend the heating system’s effectiveness through the heating season.
Frequently Asked Questions
This section addresses common queries regarding oil burner service, ensuring that oil furnace owners are well-informed about maintenance issues.
What are the typical signs that an oil furnace needs servicing?
Typical signs include unusual noises, soot accumulation, a persistent odor, inefficient heating, and increased fuel consumption. These indicators suggest the system requires a professional assessment.
What is included in a standard oil burner maintenance checklist?
A standard maintenance checklist typically involves inspecting the heat exchanger, cleaning the burner nozzles, checking the fuel lines, assessing the ignition system, and replacing filters. It also includes verifying the system’s safety controls and overall efficiency.
How frequently should an oil boiler be professionally serviced?
It is recommended that an oil boiler undergo professional servicing annually to ensure optimal performance and prevent potential hazards associated with neglect.
What are the estimated costs for oil burner servicing?
The cost of servicing an oil burner can range from $100 to $500, depending on the service complexity, parts replaced, and the rates charged by the service provider.
In case of an urgent issue, how do I find emergency oil burner service providers?
For urgent issues, homeowners can seek emergency service providers through local directories or online search platforms, focusing on companies that offer 24/7 emergency services.
Can I perform any maintenance tasks on my oil heater myself, and if so, which ones?
Homeowners can perform basic maintenance tasks such as changing air filters, keeping the area around the furnace clear, and regularly checking for obvious signs of trouble. More complex tasks should be handled by a professional.