Fast Oil Burner Repair Long Island Service – Call Now
Serving Suffolk and Nassau Counties
Using an oil burner for your heating needs is a highly efficient way to keep your family nice and warm throughout the cold winter months.
However like any complex piece of equipment things can go wrong and you may need to call out a qualified technician to carry out oil burner repair on Long island when you least expect or need it.
Why might you need to call for oil burner repair on Long Island?
There are several reasons why you might feel it necessary to arrange oil burner service as:
- Your Burner won’t start
- There are strange noises coming from the burner such as knocking, squealing or rattling
- There is an unusual smell when the burner is running
- You can see soot deposits near the burner or black smoke coming from the chimney
- Your fuel costs have dramatically increased
Some of these problems can easily be solved by carrying out a few simple checks.
1.If your burner will not start then the first things you want to check are that your thermostat is set high enough, you have enough fuel and that the burner is getting electrical power.
2. You may find that the cause is a simple electrical problem such as a tripped circuit breaker that needs resetting or a switch not turned on.
3. Next you want to make sure that your registers are all clean and not blocked up by any debris.
4. Other things to look at are that the filters, pump strainer, control slack or air blower are not blocked as they may be in need of a good clean to remove any build up.
5. An unusual smell may be a result of a build up of dust around your burner, so make sure that the whole area is dust free too.
If you carry out all these measures and still have problems then the best solution is to contact an approved technician.
How Can You Prevent Problems From Occurring
Simple things like making sure that you always have an adequate amount of heating oil for your burner.
Regularly cleaning your filters and strainers each month plus changing your filters at least twice a year.
As well as making sure you keep all other parts of your burner clean and do not allow dust and debris to build up can all help to keep your furnace running smoothly.
We service all brands and models burners, including:
- Thermo Pride
Yearly Furnace Maintenance Check
Finally just like with your car, your Oil furnace should have a yearly maintenance check and tune up carried out by a qualified Oil Burner Technician.
This should preferably be carried out well before the cold weather starts to creep in; so that you can be assured that your oil burner is running correctly and efficiently.
This will not only give you peace of mind that your family will be kept nice and warm on the cold winter nights but also hopefully prevent you from calling out for an oil burner repair on Long Island due to a function failure. Last but not least do not try to repair your burner or replace parts yourself as not only will this affect your warranty but you could do more harm than good.